Thursday, May 22, 2014

Doctor Who

A few years ago I noticed a lot of Doctor Who stuff in America. I thought it was odd because it's a British show. Then I noticed that there were a lot of girls talking about it. "How weird, girls like sci-fi now?" but I mostly ignored it until last year when it seemd to be everywhere so I decided to check it out. #FOMO

But like Abed, I needed to watch Inspector Spacetime from the beginning. That's right, I'm watching the old black & white episodes from the 60s, with the 1st doctor. As of this blog post, I've watched 65 episodes. They are low-budget & look like stage plays but everyone involved took it very serious. 

The dvds from Netflix have extras that usually don't show other Doctors but The Romans dvd did & there was a clip of one of the modern Doctors & suddenly it all made sense.

The reason why there are so many fake geek girls these days that like Doctor Who is because the BBC hired some attractive men as the modern Doctors & they also made the modern incarnation campy & romantic. So now it's basically a show about a cute man that makes fun of sci-fi, so of course girls like it. They just watch it for cute Doctors and they have no problem admitting it.

I'll probably stop watching it when I get to the modern campy era, which is ironic because that's why I started watching it in the 1st place.

No comments:

Post a Comment